Monday, 23 January 2012

Home Alone!

Well last weekend I had my parents stop over, Dad had a bad knee so he slept in John’s bed, John moved into Georges room and slept in Georges new bed (George was still sleeping in his cot as I hadn’t finished painting the side bars to stop him falling out). The weekend went without a moan from either my parents, children or my husband so I can only assume it was a successful one. Admittedly the climbing frame was a success and has been used most days since it being finished on that Saturday!

On Monday I made Lorain Pascal’s Chocolate Oreo brownies with my new electric whisk (a Christmas present) I think I over whisked the mixture because I have never seen brownies puff up so high! They were still delicious and I kept eating over the course of the week, I had no husband to help me out as he was working in Brussels. So with the kids to myself I was very tired come Thursday when he got back. John and I made fresh Focaccia bread as a surprise for him. (Paul Hollywood’s recipe – not 100% right the first time but a good first attempt with a very wet dough!)

Last week I had managed to start a mountain painting in watercolours and complete to romantic ACEO’s which I got into my etsy shop ( )for Valentine’s day but they would also be very nice as a wedding gift.

So that made me happy that I was able to add to my shop again.
Although I said that I would concentrate on my art work I have slightly diverted my attention to the thought of doing a course in Children’s Illustration at the London College of Art. This way I will be able to perhaps work from home and still be around for the children, but that does mean fighting with all the other people out there, that are also qualified and needing the work. At the moment I will keep drawing and painting, see where it takes me and give it another thought when the boys are spending more time at school/nursery.

On Friday afternoon my two boys and I, took a very large cardboard box which had been made into a little house and decorated it. By the end of the afternoon it was fully doodled, drawn on and covered in stickers. They were very proud of their creation. Then my two little boys went off to the Grandparents for the weekend with my husband. I got stay at home because I had booked my art classes for Saturday morning. I was devastated with how empty the house felt on Friday night and kept phoning my husband whom was trying to settle the boys! I was finally distracted by watching lots of films that I never normally get the chance to watch.

Saturday I took the train to my art class, I turned up early at the train station so I sat in the waiting room, and ended up talking to the lady I had seen last week at the train station. The train came and being distracted I got on the train and realised that I had left my bag of paints and brushes in the waiting room. I dashed off the train shouting “Crap Crap Crap” as I dashed into the waiting room hoping that the train wasn’t going to leave without me, grabbed my missing bag and hit the closest door button to open the train doors. Thank god it opened, I got a few odd looks because I was obviously quiet loud, probably also the reason why the train driver waited! – Thank you. The odd looks carried on until the next station when people started to returned to their books and phones.

Sunday I got my motivation back and I managed to finish painting Georges bed and wax it, polyfiller all the holes in the downstairs toilet walls and use a whole pot (yes a whole pot) of wood filler on some very large gaps in multiple doorways, - I now have almost lost my voice as I did last time I used wood filler – therefore I now know I should wear a mask next time. Dismantle George’s cot, paint the patches that he had created by pulling off the “reusable stickers” (not like they are going to be used again with the mess they made of the wall!) Then I managed to clean and tidy most of the house before everyone turned up not bad for Sunday motivation!

George’s first night in his big bed went well and he only woke once as he had managed to come out of the covers. Not bad considering he has always slept in a sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment